which writable dvd for NEC-3550

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an NEC and I've always had good success with +R's.

Is it data or movies?

I guess its all a matter of prefrence, I'd go for the least expensive.

I got a bunch of +r's free after rebate, and theyre cheap no name ones and I havent made a coaster yet, knock on wood.The quality is great.

Havent played much with -r's so I couldnt say either way.The one I did try worked well with data, but wouldnt burn a movie.

I just got that same drive a couple days ago, well technically mine says 3550A so I don't know if that's a tad different or what.

I read into the meaning of all the -r,+r, blah blah blah at one point but I've forgotten it now so I was actually interested in this question myself.

I primarily just plan to back up data. I gots lots of seasons of shows on my comp and I wanted to make some room, however I don't have a need for it to play in a DVD player which would also mean it'd fit less on there at a time

I have 2 NEC drives. I use dvd-r`s I use them to put anime episodes on and for storing data so far so good and been using it like this for 4 months. I also have 100 dvd+r`s and all seem fine too :). Also my dvd player works fine with the dvd-r`s but havnt tryed +r`s yet. Although my really really old dvd player wouldnt play them but that dvd player is a big pile of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom