Won't Detect Floppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendBreath

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I tried using serveral floppy drives and several cables. And, I also tried all the ways I can put it. The power is going in it because the light when I put it on the wrong side and the light go on. Also, all floppy drives is working on my other computer. I got an on-board controller on my AST computer. It says 11.10 Your flopppy drive is identified incorrectly in System Setup. But, it is setted as an 1.44MB 3.5". And the adapter is setted to built-in.

Someone can help me?

Looks like you flipped all the cables and went through all the trial-and-error procedures I would have done. If all the floppy drives behave the same way, it may be the FDD controller gone bad. :/ I dont' know for sure, but you've done everything I would have.

you have to set the correct startup order in bios...

usually you have to either hit one of these buttons to get into bios.

F1
F2
F8
DEL
ESC

try all of them out...and your screen should pull up a whole bunch of system info...

you'll want to click on "Boot Order" and make sure to set the floppy drive to be the first one to boot.

does that make sense at all?

as of now, i'll bet your computer is set to startup from

1. hard drive
2. cd-rom
3.floppy

you need to change it to

1.floppy
2. (whatever)
3 (whatever)

for it to be able to boot from the floppy drive.

good luck.

Make sure you dont have a 2mb floppy,go into bios and enable "boot-up floppy seek"also in bios,set floppy to 1.44mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom