Wireless Monitors? Possible???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViDuchie

Solid State Member
Hey,,

Never heard of this before, but is it possible to have a monitor wired up remotley to a PC without the need for a direct connection to the graphics port.

Ideally what I need to do is have a touch screen monitor that will send the inputted information back to the remote PC (somewhere in the vicinity) and the changes will be reflected on the screen.

I'm going out on a limb here and thinking this may be difficult. I might be willing to sacrifice the possibility of having a very small computer running the monitor with basic wireless ability back to the server, but how small could i feasibly get this computer to be (and Cheap).

I'm thinking Linux for the OS for affordability.

Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

ViDuchie

Not quite, but along the same lines.. seems to be bound to XP platform tho'. Cheers for that...

The idea would be to send remote commands back to a server without the need for processing power ( i.e a PC ) at the touchscreen interface. Hopefully it would be a cheaper alternative especially in an environment where i would need several screens and where space is limited. Generally I would like all the processing to be done by the server.

So a user inputs a command on one of the touchscreens. The server processes the command and initiates a task, maybe of a mechanical system either locally or remotley.

Tablet PC's seem like and option but not exactly what I'm after.

Cheers again

sorry buddy, can't help you there. i have no understanding of linux what so ever. i'm sure there is a way you can install your own software. go to the software section of this forum and post there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom