wireless at lan party...

Status
Not open for further replies.

winblowz

In Runtime
at lan parties we use a swtich... Can I get a device to plug into the switch so that I connect to the network with my wireless ?

well... I know there are..

but any reccomendations?
thanks

:)

I highly recommend you don't play games on wireless because you will have extreme laggyness espcially if there are a bunch of comps tapping into the same line

wireless = 54Mbps at max (including over heads it becoems 35~45Mbps)

wired (considering your Switch is 100 base t, then including over heads = 85~90Mbps)

now u decide. someone will kill u and run away, you'll get this information after 5-6 or more seconds delay.

* and for those suggesting speed of internet, its a LAN party, not WAN party.

nah, i don't lan, but play cs & cs:s on wireless 802.11b (11mbps) and i don't get any lag at all and usually do fairly well because of it. the fasted internet i have seen for home users is that one from road runner that goes at 6mbps so i don't know how you can use all 100mbps

quartz01 said:
nah, i don't lan, but play cs & cs:s on wireless 802.11b (11mbps) and i don't get any lag at all and usually do fairly well because of it. the fasted internet i have seen for home users is that one from road runner that goes at 6mbps so i don't know how you can use all 100mbps
but, they aren't talking about internet, they are talking LAN. if you have a computer over here and one over there connected through a LAN hub/switch/router, they don't have to communicate the speed your internet runs, they have nothing to do with eachother, this is where the high speeds come in. now, when you ARE playing on the net, that's a different story, of course it's only going to be as fast as the internet is, that's just obvious.

yeah wireless isnt that laggy, i saw no difference between that and my normal router!!!! By the way yes may be slower than if it was cabled, but no one ever uses all 100mb anyway!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom