Windows Server 2003 Sound Card Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I got Windows Server 2003, recently installed on my machine. No problems, works great, except for one. Cant get my sound cards to work, no matter what. I installed SEVERAL different cards, all on different PCI slots. Installed, re-installed, and troubleshooted them all. No sound, even, emenates from any of the cards. The system handles 2003 Server no problem, flawlessly. Please help.

Check the card Manufacturer or Chipset Manufacturer website?

This is an issue I have no seen in a long time but, check if your Sound Card IRQ and your Network Card IRQ are not conflicting?

BTW, why do you need a sound card on a server?

I set up a server on my home network just for he cock of it. I had W2K Server, but just upgraded to 2003. I set up a domain, for fun.

No conflicting anywhere. No problems with the machine other than the lack of sound. Beeps suck. The sound card is working fine, well, not really. But the computer says it is working properly. It is not, this beast is king to me.

I ficed it, and it was absurdly easy. I'm gonna post what I did just incase someone else runs into the problem. It seems it would be common for someone to overlook something this simple. By default, Windows 2003 disables audio (Security or something, who knows.)
Go to Start/Settings/Control Panel and go into the Sound and Audio Devices.Right there you will see a checkbox that says "Enable Windows Audio". Click it, restart, and it is copasetic. Weird, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom