windows messed up in need of reformat help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesseunvoas

Solid State Member
recently my windows messed up on me so i've decided to re-format, but ive got my hard drives devided and i remember that last time i had my buddy do it for me he had to do something to get my d,e,f folders back. So with that i was wondering if theres a way to get it so i can keep my c folder but have only 2 folders instead of 3. Im new at this and any help would be greatly appreciated much thanks in advance.

Just delete the partitions when you format. C usually is your active partition where your OS resides. The others are for storage. Delete them, format and create new partitions.

You will loose anything you don't backup, hence the name format. If you have a 4gb stick around backup all the stuff you need (inc any drivers) then proceed with the format.

but last time i had to do it i remember my other hard drive still kept all my music and movies and my c drive was wiped which i dont care i just dont wanna lose all my 400+gigs of music/video

It all depends on what you have on what drive, if your OS is seperate then you will loose nothing off your other drive.

ok im pretty sure its seperate since last time i managed to keep all th einfo on it but how would i go about to get my other drive back once i format?

If you have to seperate drives (as in hardware) it should auto detect. I hope your not getting mixed up with partitions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom