Will a Honda engine fit a Ford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Londoner

Beta member
Hello and good evening,( 19.30 here in London).
My technical expertise is as follows : I tried,and succeeded, in adding extra RAM to my computer. I wrote to the Queen, in the hope that she might reward my stunning achievement, by perhaps laying the sword on my shoulder. Alas it was not to be.
My Problem is:
I've had my PC since Jan 2001. I have been experiencing all kinds of niggling problems, so have decided to replace Win.98SE with Win.XP. Before I roll up my sleeves and tackle that daunting task I've also decided to upgrade with a new M/Board and CPU.
I've chosen the AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (Socket A) CPU and the Asus A7N8X-X nForce2 (Socket A) M/Board. Are they OK together?
Also, how can I find out if my existing hardware will work with the new additions? I would like if possible to keep the following.
Floppy Disk Drive.
4x4x32 CD Rewritable.
Cyberlink 16xDVD ROM Drive.
To punish myself further I will need a new HDD with about 40GBs. Can you suggest a compatible one?
The case is ATX Mini Tower +300W PSU. Many thanks.

Well our international friend, you are in luck.

as long as the CPU and the motherboard are compatible, everything else you have will work just fine!! Since the peripherals are made to specific standards, you can use all of your components on a newer motherboard without a problem. You will notice a huge improvement when you complete your migration. As far as your hard drive is concerned, I don't know if they make 40GB hard drives anymore, that doesn't mean you won't find them though. Any hard drive will work, make sure you get a hard drive with the proper connections. HDD's come in two basic setups now SATA and ATA. The one in your computer now is ATA. Nothing wrong with it, just make sure you get one that your mother supports.

Good Luck and let us know if you have anymore questions.

it will help if you check the specs in the power supply sometimes it does not generate the necesary power to run your computer
i have a maxtor 40 gig that i bougth for 20 dlls new !!!(exchange for the old 6 gig)
the old hard drive came with an second hand store computer
wish i pay 10 dlls for
and i used the extra memory i used in another computer runnig pentium III

get the fastest hard drive you can afford. I suggest any size Maxtor 7200rpm UltraATA/133 8mb buffer.

sorry to go offtopic, but your thread title is wierd. i'm still trying to figure out if a Honda engine can fit a Ford :(

I'm sorry for the strange thread title. What I was alluding to was the compatability of components from different manufacturers.
Thank you all for your expertise and time.I've no doubt I shall be back,red faced and smelling of burnt plastic, pleading for help. I have put aside a sum of money which, as a last resort I will use to fly one of you experts over here to finish the job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom