Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8I915P Duo Pro-A
Processor: Intel P4 LGA775 3.4 Ghz 800FSB
Video Card: eVGA nVidia 6800 GT PCI-E 256MB
Sound Card: Creative Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition
Harddrive: WD 120GB 7200RPM
Power Supply: 550W Ultra X2-Connect
Memory: Geil 2x1GB 400MHz DDR 3200

Problem:

First off, I would like to mention is that I believe my computer is not running at maximum capabilities. I am also under the impression that my system is overheating. Well here's the issue. While playing any recent FPS games like BF2142, CoD2, Ravenshield, CS Source I get random skips that drop my FPS on average from 130 to 60 or below and then go back up. These skips happen randomly maybe on average every 15 seconds. Therefore I can't compete as well if you know what I mean. I checked my video card's temperature while playing CoD2 and it said 82 degrees (yellow). While on my desktop, it averages about 63. My CPU on the other hand I once saw at a 63 degrees while in-game and 52-55 degrees on desktop. I upgraded from my old 350W stock powersupply to the one listed above because of the problem but still didn't fix it.

Any suggestions?

temps are with in normal ranges so dont worry and 130FPS to 60FPS and that's a problem because? some people would kill for that :p. I dont think anything is wrong if you want more FPS then Id turn off any processes in the background that arnt needed but at 60FPS min the games run smooth so who cares right?

No, but it's different, with my system I should be constantly getting the 130+ FPS without any faults. My temperatures are at degree celsius not fehrenheit :(. Sorry I think I forgot to mention that. I get random skips which causes my performance to not be as well. The skip will last about 1.5 seconds. With my specs, there is obviously something wrong, unsure if its the overheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom