wierd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberdeception

Solid State Member
:angry:
guys,i have a wierd problem,i got a geforce 4 mx440 at dirt cheap rate,but the prob is whenvr i start my comp,
the bios says its a 128 mb card,but in windows,its bieng reported as 32 mb,i tried many things including changing the aperture settings in agp to 128,but it wont work..
any suggestions will be welcome..

Also,with the factory drivers..release 28.72..(now that's old) its showing 128 in windows,but with the nvidia's 52 point release drivers its showing 32...
HEEEllllllPPP,its bugging me...

(I checked the vidmem in Sisoft sandra too and 3dmark too)

hmm.. thats weird.. maybe thats why it was dirt cheap, im guessin.. i have no clue.. but try n return if u can

That's nVidia for ya! :p

Changing the AGP Aperture Size will not change the way Windows detects your video card. The AGP Aperture size only determins how much physcial system memory will be dedicated to the video card once the VRAM has reached its capacity.

If the BIOS is reading 128 Mb, and Windows reads 32 Mb... Then it can only be a problem with device drivers, or the actual card itself. If you have the drivers (for that exact card) up to date and the problem persists... Then you may have to return the card as it could be a problem with the hardware itself.

Goodluck...

:(
well,
i gave it back,but i searched the net,and i found out that the rpob can be solved with using the factory drivers..but a new one occurs,most games like farcry require atleast 43 point release drivers...

what should i do...

i'll be more than grateful..
this ****ing thing is irritating and getting on my nerves now..

in INDIA,u dont have good aftersales support unlike the west...

any ideas..or suggestions to go about...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom