Widescreen HDTV for Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coreano

Solid State Member
I have a question...I recently saw a 27in widescreen HDTV and I wanted to replace it with my current 19in crt monitor. Now will this setup work properly or will there be major flaws? I hear plasma set up works great but I cant afford a plasma. Let me know if anyone has any ideas to how it will work/not work.

Thnx a bunch

What video card do you have? I know the higher end ATi cards(9700 pro, 9800 pro) have an adapter for Component output that you can use with HDTV's. But I guess you could use S-video, it just won't look as well. As for Nvidia cards, I have'nt the slightest clue other than S-video as I have had no experience with them.

Really? Well right now I have a geforce fx 128mb...but im willing to get whatever it takes to make this possible. Say i get the high end ATI card will it then work properly with the HDTV?

Well I already have enough for the HDTv im willing to say spend about 300-400 more to further complete anything that is needed. So far the ATI video card seems to be the only option i have in order to make this conversion happen.

yo whatever it takes could mean spending another 300- to 500 bucks
The Radeon 9700 pro is around $200, and the 9800 Pro(256mb) is $225. I just looked on pricewatch.

not true many graphics cards allow that feature, but Ati just happens to be better at it.
ATi was the only manufacturer that I knew for sure that had an HDTV adapter. Like I said in my first post "I don't know about Nvidia cards as I have had no experience them".

if the hdtv u are buying has a DVI port than u can just go ahead any buy an eVGA 6800 GT (arguably one of the best cards in the market rite now and you can over clock it to ultra speeds as well).. but you'd have to make sure that the hdv u were getting had a DVI port

I know thatI can plug my Pc to HDTv by S-video but i hear that, it has the worst quality and unreadable fonts. Now my main concern now is will picture come out perfect just by connecting the HDTV ro Pc by vga or dvi? Because i don't want to go through major headaches setting up software issues to get the right picture. Has anyone done this yet with a widescreen HDTV?

im not sure if many tvs come with a vga port but i know a lot of them do come with a dvi port.. and yes if u use ur dvi port and u have a GOOD video card that can take ur resolution to something about 2000 x whatever, then im pretty sure ull get crystal clear pictures :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom