Why don't visioneer work on my amd

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
I've had a visioneer 5800 for a year. Toward the end of it life it would work sometime. Then it just stopped. It would say unlock the scanner, yet there was no unlock feature
(I found out later this was a defect on the 5000 series of visioneer, they go out after a year or so with this error message).

I bought a clearance visioneer 5820 from microcenter that some body had bought back. It didn't work either.

I buy 2 other new scanners from different manufacture. They were a pain in the butt to configure (too many setting to make for 1 simple scan). I decide to go back to visioneer. I like the simplicity of them. I buy a visioneer 7710 scanner from eBay for $25.00.

It doesnÂ’t work. Mind you when I delete the scanner software, I also uninstall all of the scanner drivers. I even delete the vizscan folder from the twain 32 folder

I reformat the computer to ensure no new conflict with the old visioneer product. It still doesnÂ’t work. It say USB device is not recognized

I got to thinking. Before I send this back let me hook it up to my other pent 4 computer upstairs. Viola it now works. now I don't understand this, but I'm keeping it even I didn't need for that computer as it already have memory readers plus I've nowhere to put it, but I will figure that out

I guess my computer in the basement won't accept visioneer anymore after my previous one had got lock up. I could understand an old driver conflict. But it should have work after I reformatted

I run everything through the basement computer. I would rather use it down here

My computer
AMD 2600 200 gig hard drive 512 ram DFI KT400 mobo

Any idea on how to make it work?

Do a google for other/newer drivers.

*EDIT Update your chipset drivers as well, maybe you need SP1 or SP2 for USB2.0 *

I went to their website. I'll try google

but it is wierd . now no visioneer will work

the other 2 scanners did

TheMajor said:
Do a google for other/newer drivers.

*EDIT Update your chipset drivers as well, maybe you need SP1 or SP2 for USB2.0 *

I have thisdfi thing that automatically does that. it say I have the latest updates

my usb are 2.0

everything else works

the only thing that I got from their website that their 5000 series of scanner would just go bad and say the scanner is locked, even though they don't have that feature. I might try a PM8 deletion of my hard drive. that has fix goofy problems for me in the past, when it seem i didn't erase everything from a reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom