Who has liquid cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Anyone here have a liquid cooling set up?

I'll be setting up my first kit here in a couple days, but I was curious as to if anyone here has one. What kind it is, how many radiators, perhaps things I should know when setting it up. Those kinds of things.

I want to be able to help out people in the future who perhaps may choose the liquid cooling route.

I want to know the various types of blocks ( I dont mean CPU, and GPU blocks, I mean the various types of CPU blocks meaning open channel or otherwise)

benefits of one over another that kind of stuff.

If not, looks like I'll be on this adventure by myself :p

I have a Thermaltake Aquarius II water cooling unit. It has 1 radiator. It brought my temps down much more than my Volcano ever did.

I would love liquid cooling, alas I am too poor at the moment. First I have to dedicate my money to upgrading my system.

If i did up a second PZYCHOB!TCH, I would consider it. The only problem with water cooling is that it does mean that your computer is groud to the one location. And i do go to a few LAN parties in a year.

I don't think I will be doing it with my next Generation PC (straight away) as I know I am going to be up for a lot at is.
Eg. DDR2, New PSU, SATA Drives, PCI-X. I am dreading my next upgrade to the number of technology change that have happen in the last 12 months. :rolleyes:

i think that if you have a good enough cpu cooler and gpu cooler there is no need for watercooling yet i mean atm with me just sittin here on the net and playing music im cpu is 28 and case is 25 thats with my cp-120 and 4 case fans. if i turn the 3 80mm fans off it goes up to about 30 for both cpu and case which is about what watercooling gives. and i know what ive put in is alot cheaper than a decent watercooling setup.

my cpu runs at 29c when idle 34c when maxed out... i dont see the need for watercooling myself... however my 6600gt is worrying me with its idle temp of 66c.. so maybe it would be worth the investment... but nah i might leave it as it is!

well my 6600gt doesnt have a fan and is sittin at 49C but does have a case fan pointing towards it and when i turn that off it goes up to about 55C. I think a artic cooler would do just as good a job as a watercooling kit concidering the water is already warm from going through the cpu waterblock. I think the advancements in air cooling have caught it upto watercooling alot.

as far as watercooling goes i know that dangerden is one of the best

http://www.dangerden.com/

but there are so many around now, im not up on them so cant help much sry

If a 6600GT didnt have a fan it would be cooked in a matter of seconds, maybee you just dont see your fan?

i've been thinking about WC for a long time now, but I am waiting until I am 18 (so I can get a credit card, and not have to buy stuff through my parents online)

I will most likely go with the koolance exos-al since I have a space issue, and a ton of wires about (my TT PSU has really long power cords) another reason ppl go the WC route is that it is usually totally silent, or in my case much quieter than my current cpu fan (TT smartcase fan II at full power = 48 dBa)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom