While playing games comp shuts down

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustyboy316

Baseband Member
Hi.

I have an e-machine' laptop, 512 mb of ram, 32 mb grafx card, windows xp, amd athlon uhh i forget which version lol.

Well... when playing video games on the computer it shut down. It used to be like every 30-45 minutes, but recently it's about every 10 minutes. This is veryannoying.

Does anyone know the cause and/or solution to this?

it's the video drivers!!!

I've had this problem many times... and everytime I've had it, updating my video card drivers and installing the latest version of Direct X, fixes it everytime.

Good luck and visit me at my site listed in my signature if you need further help and don't find it here.

Well I don't know the mother board.. but click the link to se the model.

http://www.emachines.com/products/p...eMachines_M2105

except the processesor is a AMD Athlon™ 2800+ Processor
512KB L2 cache & 266 MHz FSB.

It's only happened to 2 games, but these are the only games I have played on this computer.

What would I do to reduce over heating.. replace the fan or something?

Re: it's the video drivers!!!

TrowaBarton said:
I've had this problem many times... and everytime I've had it, updating my video card drivers and installing the latest version of Direct X, fixes it everytime.

Good luck and visit me at my site listed in my signature if you need further help and don't find it here.

It's cool that you are trying to help but I don't think it's cool that you advertise another board on Tech Forums. That would be like going into McDonalds and telling everyone how great the Whopper is at Burger King.

Ok...nice attitude barton... I was just stating my opinion on how I think it's wrong that you try to lure others to your 9 MEMBER board..... If he doesn't get his answer here then I'm sure he won't get it at your little 9 MEMBER board.

As far as telling me to "shut my trap".... Is this how you treat the members of your board?? I certainly hope not or it will never be as big as TF.

That's all I'm sayin...

sounds like a heat issue , try cleaning the dust from the CPU HS and all the interior of the case for that matter .

Plug it in, the battery's prolly dead............;)

For real though, it's prolly your active x drivers like it was stated above. driver reinstall should fix it right up. I had a g-force2 mx back in the day that did the same thing with XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom