What's your favorite PC Cases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brisky

Baseband Member
Post what case you think looks, performs or is just your favorite.

Try to include pictures and details such as mobo trays, windows, fans ect...

I will start off with some of my favs.

Chenming 602 Blue

Specs:

*Mobo Tray
*Window
*up to 4 80mm fans,
*90 degree angled Drive bays
*Case Lock
*Rails

Cons:

*Fan Filter Would be nice (can buy seperately)
*120mm Fans would have been better

xoxide_1810_72750919

Thermaltake Dream Tower Tsunami

Specs:

*Clip PCI/AGP Slots
*2 120mm Fans
*Case Lock
*Fan Filters
*LED lights
*Window
*Drive Rails

Cons:

*No Mobo Tray :(
*No 90 degree Hard Drive Rack

enlargedViewWindow.jpg

Lian-Li V2000b

Specs:

*Amazing internal design
*2 120mm ball bearing fans
*90 degree Hard Drives
*Solid Aluminum Contruction

Cons:

*Wires are at times hard to reach conections
*Price is more then twice of normal Cases
*Looks like most cases from the outside

11-112-074-06.JPG

Any how so what are your picks?

I like to custom MOD my own. So any case will do, or any object big enough for computer parts will do really. ;-)

not really much help, but the point is, you can buy a cheap case and have the fun of making it "bling bling" on yer own.

Chieftech has always been good to me. The DRAGON series cases are awsome. We use them all over the office because they're solid, roomy, look professional, and are inexpensive (relatively).

As for making a tower case a rack-mount or desk case, I don't think it's really possible without doing some serious metalwork. Even then, by the time you go through all the mess of turning the drive carriages and building up the side strength, you could have just bought a rack-mount/desk-mount case. They're all comparable.

Personally, though I do like nice-looking cases, I never saw putting so much money into them. I want a case that looks nice and has great functionality, but I don't need chrome and sequencing lights and all kinds of other crapola. I mean, I want my case to harbor the components that allow me to spend time NOT looking at my case.

However, I just bought a new DRAGON case and I've already sent off the solid side panel to a friend of mine who's an artist. She's going to paint a picture on the side of it! :D

Those aluminum cases are noisy, though. I had a couple aluminum cases before, and they were all noisy! It's steel from here on out, baby!...Unless someone makes a carbon-fiber box. That would be cool...

Actually, a ceramic-steel case would be sweet. Cool, hard, awsome looking...YeahYeah! :D

Yeah alumninum cases do seem to vibrate a bit more then steel ones. Though Li-Lan makes ones that have foam and rubber seals so it doesn't make much noise at all.

Your prolly right that changing the drive rack prolly wouldn't be worth the effort I would have to put into it.

The rack does come out of the Tsunami if I want to add drives and such. So shouldn't be too much of a problem if I want to use that case.

So do you think windows are cool or just a gimick? I mean would you rather see the inside of your case with lights, or a clean looking case with external lights?

Lian Li cases are classy, clean and extremely well constructed... I wouldn't buy anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom