Whats the Difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

coconut2

Baseband Member
Whats the difference between these two Amd Athlon 64's?

3400+ at 2.4g = $219.00 @ newegg.com
3500+ at 2.2g = $267.00 @ newegg.com

why pay more money for the 3500+ if its 200 megs slower?

Coconut.....

Yeah. Better core is worth the difference.

On an AMD, you don't go by the GHz, anyway. The numbers show what it is equal to.
3400 > = Intel 3.4GHz
3500 > = Intel 3.5GHz

ya, if u dont get all this technical stuff, the numbers pretty much tell ya, lol.

Trotter said:
Yeah. Better core is worth the difference.

On an AMD, you don't go by the GHz, anyway. The numbers show what it is equal to.
3400 > = Intel 3.4GHz
3500 > = Intel 3.5GHz

The 3400 is socket 753 in this example which is an old socket and slower, and lacks dual channel ram.

However, if you find a SOCKET 939 3400+, it exactly the same as another newcastle SOCKET 939 3500+. This is my own deduction after hours of reasearch, feel free to test it.

Can someone tell me what the hell an Athlon 64 3300+ is, I've seen in advertised by Best Buy dozens of times now and I wasn't even aware such a thing existed.

They're pretty much right, the Newcastle/Winchester Architechture found in the 3500+ in superior to the Clawhammer achitechture of the 3400+. I don't even know the details very well, but I'm sure someone trying to explain it wouldn't really help the situation either. :p

Ok now I understand the speeds of the 64's. But there are 3 different cores for the 3500+.

Newcastle
Clawhammer
Winchester

whats the differnce between each core?

Coconut....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom