What should i do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice9

In Runtime
What should it do

I don't know if I should get the Amd athlon 2500+ processor and overclock it to amd athlon 3200 specs or just get the 3200+. What do you guys think? I like that the 2500+ is a lot cheaper, but i don't know if overclcoking will be a bad idea or if it will run as good as the 3200+. The fsb is also only 333 vs. 400.
mobo will be asus a7n8x-e deluxe

My next quesiton is are the corsair xms 512mb pc3200 memory for $126 each worth it? They seem to be expensive... anything else you guys would recommend? I heard that the generic ones for $88 each are good just you can't really overclock them, and I'm not sure If i would want/need to overclock the memory.

thanks

If you aren't sure about o/cing the CPU then definitely don't touch the RAM, they are very volatile.

I am not too sure about the value of the XMS, and since I am in the market for a new comp I'd like to know, but I say if you can overclock, use it to your advantage and buy the 2500 and OC it!

i have the 3000+ overclocked to 3200+ and i have had no problems with it at all, although i heard the 2500+ is very stable if you are comfortable with overclocking. I also have the xms ram and it is quite fast. If you have the money, spend it on some decent ram, its worth it. As far as the processor its all about how comfortable you are with overclocking and whether you have the right equiptment.

ThirtySixBelow said:
i have the 3000+ overclocked to 3200+ and i have had no problems with it at all, although i heard the 2500+ is very stable if you are comfortable with overclocking. I also have the xms ram and it is quite fast. If you have the money, spend it on some decent ram, its worth it. As far as the processor its all about how comfortable you are with overclocking and whether you have the right equiptment.

equipment will be:
Amd athlon 2500+ or 3200+
x2 corsair xms 512m ddr400 pc3200
asus a7n8x-e deluxe
seagate 120gb SATA 7200 rpm
Sound blaster audigy 2 platinum (maybe zs)
Radeon 9800 pro
cd rom
dvd
thermal take XASER III Super tower

so do I have the right equipment? Someone on here said that only the fx athlons can't be over clocked? Also I would be comfortable overclocking if it wont ruin anything or be too hot, and can the 2500+ have the same fsb as the 3200+ when overclocked? Also should I maybe go for the 2800+ because it'll be safer to OC to the 3200+?

edit: i see that the lowest a lot of people go with hardrives in the 100 range is 160 gb over the 120 gb.. is there a reason for this other then more storage space?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom