What kind of RAM would be best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooney

Solid State Member
I have a Intel Pentium 4 3.06 G with a 533 MHz bus, what kind/speed of bus RAM would be ideal for this processor?

pc 3200 would be much better ram, let me say i stated 2100 as a safe bet. more details will be needed to make a correct match.

well, my intention is to purchase a new motherboard, i was going to look into this SLI business, or at least buy a new videocard

i asked the question to figure out if i needed to match RAM Bus speed to process bus speed

this is my current motherboard:
http://www.syntaxgroups.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=44_46&products_id=68

i'm aware that my ram choices are limited with that mobo, which is why i intended to purchase a new one

EDIT: Oh yeah, i have a stick of 512 and 256 on it right now, both PC2100

Well it really doesn't matter. if he gets ValueRAM PC3200 at say 3-3-3-8 timings, he'll be able to downclock it to 2-2-2-6 timings I believe in the case of Kingston valueRAM. It's indicated to run at those timings when downclocked to PC2100 and 2.5-3-3-7 at PC2700.

You'd have to look at the SPD table of course to make absolutely sure. But if the PC3200 valueRAM is the same as some PC2100 then might as well get PC3200 and you're covered for when/if you upgrade to a faster mobo and CPU FSB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom