What Graphics Card???

Status
Not open for further replies.

aexin

Baseband Member
For Christmas, I want to get my brother a graphics card for his computer.(He has some piece of crap called intel media accellerator 900) Which graphics card would be the best for $200 or less? It should be able to run games like Star Wars:KOTOR and Battlefield 2.(It doesnt have to run BF2 that well, just run it on low GFX settings) Thanks

Since "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900" was mentioned, I have a feeling that the system is PCI-E based, or does not even contain an interface slot that's really worth upgrading for graphics (e.g. the motherboard only contains regular PCI slots).

Personally, I would run a check first, and if a PCI-E slot shows up, a GeForce 6800GS would be a very good deal for around $200, but for about $50 less a GeForce 6600GT isn't bad at all.

For ordinary PCI slots, I would get rid of the motherboard and change it immediately, no exceptions.

It will most likely be PCI, the highest you can go is probably a 9250 or FX series.

Here's a cheap...good card

I just bought a 128 mb. eVGA from HERE for $50 plus shipping. Supports Direct X 9.
This is PCI.
I bought it for the kid's computer so they can run Lego Starwars. Works great in normal mode.
FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom