what do you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveGTA

In Runtime
what do you need in order to program something? do you need a special program or something? i know you need expierience but what else other than that do you need?

Yeah and a program like microsoft visual studio

A few spare mice, a spare monitor (these are for when the program doesnt do what it should) and a good sense of anger.

Use CRT's as they dont break as easy :D

If you go into the programming section their's some good crap

You can tell how much I like programming :rolleyes:

1) You need a compiler to compile your code to native code - used with languages such as C/C++
OR
2) You need a platform such as the Java runtime environment

C/C++ is faster but is heavily machine dependent, where as languages such as Java typically "compile" the program into a machine independent format called bytecode - which can be "interpreted" by a Java virtual machine.

It's usually good to be familiar with these 2 languages, specially C/C++. After that you can learn any language u want with ease. I wouldn't waste time learning crap languages that you would never use.

The environment of the compiler can be command line or a GUI IDE. I usually code in vim (unix vi variant) and compile command line.

It is better to know C/C++. This is the most powerful language available other than assembly language itself. Programming in assembly is a *****, let me tell you :-\.. But, anything you can do in assembly, you can do it C/C++ - even if it's a little bit slower.

For limitations of C# and how it is different from C/C++, please see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-sharp

The most important point is probably that C# runs on the .NET framework. If you have any questions after reading this article, post away!

i recommend u this compiler to start learning C++
http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html
start doing some tutorials, reading, just practice a lot then u can move to a better compiler as turbo C++;) good luck and have a lot of patience, learn from ur mistakes and have fun :)

Well, if you want to know what you need for hardware to do some programming, because you are posting in the Hardware Zone, then your computer that you have now will do just fine for programming. A nice keyboard usually helps too. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom