What is the best 19in Flat Panel - Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry K

Fully Optimized
Hi,
I'm in the market for a 19 inch flat panel computer screen. Any thoughts on which make and model/ brand?

I think the best is a Dell Ultra Sharp.... but not sure why I think that. It is not the cheapest... I know that for a fact :)

So, which has the best picture for the best price. Note: I'm not into gaming, but I do spend many, many hours infront of the computer -- which is why I want a GREAT picture, screen, view, output, etc.

thanks

Hi Larry,

I would recommend the ViewSonic VP912b (Pro Series). It may be a little expensive due to the 12ms response time, but the quality is incredible.

If you are looking for something with a little higher response time (as 12ms is not necessary for the non-gamer) but with approximately the same quality, then I would recommend looking into the ViewSonic VX910 (X Series).

The reason that I chose ViewSonic as the manufacturer is because I have used them for years and have been nothing but impressed with their outstanding quality and service.

If those two monitors do not meet your requirements, then let me know as I will be more than happy to help you choose something more suitable to your needs.

I think most of the higher class viewsonics would be great.. should look into those like ag said

ViewSonic VP912b was released after that list. It should be number one! ;)

anyone have a comparison between viewsonic and dell?

I know the viewsonic was/is on sale at bestbuy this weekend... $499... I was going to go buy it... but waited???

I believe is viewsonic is a very good, high quality monitor.... just never owned one... I guess I should just go to the store and view it :)

thanks for the replies!!!

so on the review, it said this
In sum, the overall quality of all of the monitors we tested is correct, which will be good enough for many users. At the same time, none is perfect. Whether you are bothered by ergonomics, color rendering or pixel latency, you will always have to compromise. It's up to you to figure out what is the right tradeoff.

How do I know or figure out what I like/want the most?
what exactly is color rendering?
pixel latency?
or any other little detailed things.. that will make me like/dislike the monitor I choose.

I guess someone will say... Just go look at them in the store!!!
:)

Which is probably true! So... here is my question:

How many of you of selected a new flat panel in the store, based on the fact you like the way the screen look in the store.

You then get home and start really working witht the computer... low and behold... the screen is not a nice as you liked it to be??

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom