Western Digital Raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
Wow, this probably sounds really stupid, but I want to get two Raptors and RAID them. The only thing is... I don't want to have to reinstall everything all over again. Is there a way where I can move everything on this hard drive to the raptors so that I don't lose my information?

possible to hook up the HDD to a computer, transfer the files from ur current hdd onto that, and then ur happy
?

I guess so... I want to get rid of the other hard drive all together though. So would I make the raptors in RAID slaves, transfer everything over, get rid of the HD, and put the raptors as masters? wait... SATA doesn't use that does it? Then what do I do? Also, how will the operating system work out?

You can set your current hard drive as a slave and use it as a data disk, but you'd have to reinstall your OS and programs on the RAID drives.

Besides, the Raptors are not cost effective. You can RAID a couple of Seagate Barracuda SATA drives (80gig), and get almost the same performance at half the cost.

You can ghost the partitions using some programs and restore it after you install windows and the program

Sounds like it might be a headache trying to get it to work. I'd probably be better off reformatting and reinstalling what I need anyway, wouldn't I?

Much better just reformatting, it;'s more trouble than it is worth. Like Gaara said, you would have to ghost both drives with the same image and than RAID them, and it may or may not work. Windows Reinstall is your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom