Is Western D. a good hd brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elperra

In Runtime
Hi. Is Western digital a good hd brand? or is Seagate better? because I see that Seagate cost a little more the WD. Or which is the best hd brand?
Thanks.

There's not much of a difference between them. I'm using both brands, and neither has failed me yet. Many people say that Seagate drives are quieter than WD, but I find that the WD is quieter.

Both are top brands, and you can't go wrong with either.

Western Digital is what is in my computer, so I can't complain.

If I were to buy one today, it would be Seagate. A five year warranty means a lot nowadays.

My rig had a 40 gig WD. It crashed ten minutes after I put Windows on it. Did the same thing twice until SMART finally figured out that the drive was bad.

Along similar lines, my dad's rig had a Seagate 20 gig. Worked fine for a while, but crashed right after the warranty was up.

I got another WD (120 gig) that has run great for quite a while now. My friends tell me that they have a great service and repair policy.

IMHO, it's a matter of opinion (and price).

I prefer WD but that's because of the price issue.

Western Digital or Seagate, you cannot go wrong. I heard western digital is also slightly faster.

I have lost too many WD and Maxtor drives to buy from either company again, unless cost is the only concern. If your data is important, go for the best HD you can afford. I would look at Seagate or Fujitsu (Enterprise only, very expensive, but 5 year warranty).

I have never had any problems with Western Digital.

Just remember to go with an OEM rather than retail
and the JB line. This will give you a 3yr warranty and
their 8mb buffer hi-performance model, ie: WD1600JB
and not WD1600JBRTL(only 1yr warranty).

You cant go wrong with either WD or Seagate.

Western DIgital's are good drives. Half of the time I use those if I'm not using Seagate or Maxtor drives. Very quiet and performs well under heavy load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom