warning kingston hyperx memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droot

Baseband Member
I recently was consideding of buying a Asus A7n8x Deluxe and 2x Kingston HyperX Series 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-2700. While checking around i found this email from kingston.

"I'm sorry to inform you that your motherboard isn't able to support the HyperX modules. Especially its dual channel function mode. To take advantage of the dual channel function, you should use our KVR line.

Best regards,
XXXXXXXXXX
Technical Support
Kingston Technology Company"

Just thought id let you know.

Droot

Wasn't there a thread recently that discussed different RAM modules that would work with your Asus MoBo? I'm pretty sure that a few people reported that they are indeed using the Kingston Hyper RAM with success.

no reason, i really have no damn clue what too look for to make my comp jus looking around and seeing what i can afford.

Droot, you may want to try posting what you are thinking about buying or what you are going to be using your computer for and ask for suggestions. I am going to assume that you are looking at buying an AMD XP CPU based on the motherboard that you listed.

When looking for parts, make sure that you check out www.newegg.com. You will find it hard to beat their prices and service.

Keep the questions coming; there will always be someone that is willing to help.

Cool, What CPU are you planning on? Based on what you are planning on using the computer for, will give ideas as to what video card, RAM, HD, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom