Voltage too high? What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schazz

Solid State Member
I have a question because I recently got Hardware Sensors Monitor and noticed that according to it, at least one of my voltages (The AUX voltage) is too high, specifically +3.04V (see screenshot). My question is, is this a major problem, and if so, what can I do to fix it? I don't know what those voltage readings are for, are they for the different wires coming out of the power supply? What do Core, Aux, I/O, etc stand for? I understand voltage in general but not exactly what is going on here and what its effects could be on my computer. I would really appreciate some advice! THANKS!

I am not sure that this is relevant but I have a Thermaltake 480W power supply http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-153-007&depa=0

I am running a athlon 3400+, asus a8v deluxe mobo, wd raptor 74 gb, radeon 9800 pro, 2 optical drives, floppy, etc

ok sorry about that here is a better screenshot you should be able to see this I hope!

weird, says CPU Core2 voltage.....like theres another CPU or something.

Download motherboard monitor 5 and see what kind of readings it gives you. That program could just suck

here's the MM5 info....is there anything I should be worried about here in terms of voltages?

I dont know, does anyone have any insight into this? I dont know this program well or how it labels voltages...

Am I reading wrong, or is your 12v rail at 16 volts?!?! There's a serious problem there dude.

Core 0 has perfectly fine voltage, but I have no idea what's up with core 1, no way a processor could sustain 3v.

Well if the computers running fine I wouldn't worry about it. Seems like insanely fault sensors at work here or something.

Of course the best way to test would be to use a multimeter ;)

well it is running overall well, the only problem being random reboots. However, when I open up the case and stick a floor fan next to it, it no longer reboots. I am pretty sure that it is the Radeon 9800 pro overheating...If that fan fixes the problem then it can't be a voltage issue right, it has to be with the cooling?

I am not sure what to do I have heard that the card overheats in general, but I got a HiTech modded 9800pro with a builtin fan and heatsink which I thought would be enough. I don't know if there is any special fan i can add to the graphics card or if I should get a new card? I don't like having the case open and a fan blowing into it the whole time im using it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom