Video projectors... good enough for usual computer work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragos

Beta member
Hello,

I would like to buy a computer video projector, but beside home-theater I would also like to use it from time to time for usual computer work, such as browsing the internet and reading & writing documents. I know they are mainly used for business presentations & home-cinema. Basically, I'd like to know if the image they produce is clear enough for you to do the things I mentioned above. I mean, if you go on a web site and you want to read the text on its pages, will you be able to do it easily? Will the projector display the small characters (font-size: 9 or 10pt) good/sharp enough for reading? I guess this varies a bit depending on how small or large the projected image is.

What is your experience on all this?

I have never had the chance to work with a video projector, so this is why I'm asking. Please bear with me.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Dragos

If you get a decently nice one then you should have no problem reading text off of its display.

I personally wouldnt use a projector for day-to-day stuff, because the bulbs that the projectors use have a lifespan, and the bulbs arent too cheap either...

Your going to have to get a pretty good one.

Every try hooking a computer up to a 27" good TV, still nearly impossible to read 12 PT text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom