video problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimsinc

Solid State Member
Hi:
I am new here and have a question regarding my new system as I have no video on startup. I have built many systems however this one has me stumped. I have an AMD 3.2 GHZ system with 1 gig 512MB PC2100 DDR DDR266 512 MB RAM 266 MHZ DIMMsof ram and twin Western Digital 200 gig drives and a GeForce4 MX440 128MB 128Bit AGP Dual Head Video Card with cooling fans on every component in the system. However I have no video feed and have checked everything I know. I figured I would post here to see if anyone may have any ideas. could I have it wired wrong? I asked if it could be wired wrong because I have never used coolers on individual components. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need this system running because it will be the backbone for the official launch of my website http://www.ezbiz-marketing.net

Thanks in advance

Howard I Hill III

Could be any number of things. When you say you have a 3.2GHz AMD, do you mean an Athlon 3200+? If so, be aware that this cpu does not actually clock at 3.2GHz, it runs at about 2.2GHz instead.

Is the mobo dual channel? If it is & you're trying to use the dual channel mode, it will not work if the 2 DDR modules are different sizes.

Do you get any beeps when you power the system up?

Hi:
I will answer these one at a time.

Could be any number of things. When you say you have a 3.2GHz AMD, do you mean an Athlon 3200+? If so, be aware that this cpu does not actually clock at 3.2GHz, it runs at about 2.2GHz instead.

The overall speed of 2.2 is fine as it will be the source of downloads from my site.

Is the mobo dual channel? If it is & you're trying to use the dual channel mode, it will not work if the 2 DDR modules are different sizes.

How do I know if the board is dual channel. The DDR modules are identical.

Do you get any beeps when you power the system up?

I just started it up and no there are no beeps.

Thanks in advance for any help

Howard I. Hill III

Update:
the person I bought the CPu and Mainboard from is replacing it as they appear to be malfuntioning. We tested everything and even reseated the CPU so he said he will replace free of charge both the CPU and board.

Howard I Hill III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom