Video Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia 5700Ultra I believe but let me check

Ok checked on Chaintech the Core engine on 9600 Is 25Mhz faster than 5700Ultra BUT ! the memory on 9600 i think it was 600Mhz and on FX it is 900+ so i would take 5700Ultra From chaintech not a bad firm

Is the chaintech a different version of the 5700 ultra or the same exact thing as any 5700 ultra that u buy from anywhere?

To be honestI prefer the Radeon myself, too, In the machines I've had (in the past few years) I've had Nvidia cards screw up on me after 8 months - while the Radeons have stayed strong and stable.

The speed difference between the 9600XT and 5700 Ultra isn't much, BUT you can OC the 9600XT because it comes with it's own OCing tool;) But, both of those cards are nothing compared to the 9800 Pro that is just a few bucks more;)

The Merlin said:
The speed difference between the 9600XT and 5700 Ultra isn't much, BUT you can OC the 9600XT because it comes with it's own OCing tool;) But, both of those cards are nothing compared to the 9800 Pro that is just a few bucks more;)

I would slap someone for a 9800 pro - th eone from directron with those two fat fans on it. (Probably wouldn't be good for a quiet computer but what a video card huh?)

I would go for the Radeon 9600 XT.

It is slightly faster, and like Merlin said, you can overclock it easily with its own Overclocking-tool which is called "OVERDRIVE" and is found on the main control panel.

The FX 5700 Ultra isnt that much worse, but overclocking would be more of a challenge, and it is probably noticably slower than the 9600 XT.

Your choice though! GL on building your PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom