Video card question! plz read

Status
Not open for further replies.

nastynizzle

Beta member
Im ordering a new video card soon, and i had a question. the cards i have to choose from are

--ATI Radeon 9600 XT 128MB

Memory: 128MB DDR MB
AGP: 1X/2X/4X/8X
Clock Speed: 500MHz
Memory Speed: 600MHz

--SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9800 PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP

Chipset/Core Speed: ATI Radeon 9800 PRO/380MHz
Memory/Effective Speed: 128MB DDR/680MHz
BUS: AGP 4X/8X
Support 3D API: DirectX 9, OpenGL 2.0
Max Resolution@32bit Color: 2048X1536@85Hz Retail Box

i think core speed is the same as clock speed, which means that the sapphire ati radeon has a lower clockspeed. But it is 256 bit. I guess im just wondering which is all around better, they are the same price so it doesnt really matter which one i choose.

thanks for your help, and sorry if this question was too easy or a waste of time

Agreed on both counts, the 9800 is quite a lot better than the 9600XT. And have a look at that 6600GT.

DJ-CHRIS said:
^^^^^^^^
I would go with 6600GT instead, but an XFX one and not an nvidia

Im confused about this comment nvidia doenst make their own cards at all. But anyway yes 9800 pro is the better choice and a 6600GT is even better if you can afford it.

DyNaStY336 said:
Im confused about this comment nvidia doenst make their own cards at all. But anyway yes 9800 pro is the better choice and a 6600GT is even better if you can afford it.
hmmm... yeah that's right, I'd forgot Nvidia don't make their own cards

Thanks a bunch for all your help, but i have one more question. This one is really dum, but im just starting to learn about computers, anyways in the picture of the card
( http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=14-102-477&DEPA=0 )
there are some wierd wires and white plug things. Is this still going to be compatible wih an amd athlon 64 proccessor, and what exactly are those things because i havent seen them on any other graphic card pictures

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom