Video Card Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoLeafClova

Baseband Member
i am getting an alienware and want to know if i should choose the Nvidia Geforce FX 5700 Ultra (128MB) or the ATI Radeon 9600 XT (128MB)

I am trying to imagine how much better a computer I could make with the kidn of money you're about to spend on that sucker. :)

I am trying to imagine how much better a computer I could make with the kind of money you're about to spend on that sucker. :)

Alienware are pretty costly, but they come hooked up. (When they work)

This is slightly off topic... but if you are considering Alienware I think you should know.

The Area 51-M, with a decent setup (P4 3.2, 1GB DDR RAM, 60 GB 7200 RPM HDD, ATI 9600 - 128 MB, 16.5 Display)

Costs about $3500.00 ...that aint NO JOKE....

A buddy of mine just got one (I guess he tried to "overpower" me with his new laptop... BUT to his avail....the integrated NIC didnt work... HA HA

He was pissed! He came over to my house so I can take a look at it, and after a few test, that sucker was dead.

He got the warranty on it so I told him to call the tech support to get an RMA, I don't know why but we had the most ignorant tech I have ever talked to. I was 3 steps ahead of him. Everything he suggested I did he even had the balls to say that "this is not a game" and that he "didnt believe I rebooted the PC" . I was in shock! After 2 1/2 hours my buddy gave me the phone and I had to set things in place. It was horrible, I had to ask for a supervisor and let him have it. After another half hour with the superviser.. they came to the same conclusion I did.. the NIC was not working... (DUH!)

It was the worst helpdesk experience I have ever had.

Anyway, they agreed to the RMA and now my friend is waiting for his brand new $3500 laptop.....

Also... I would go with the ATI!!!

I sympathise with you.
I find that quite common with most help desk people. They have a check sheet that they have to work off. They are required to follow the checksheet regardless of the customers technical ability. Its only the mature technicians that have the common sense to bypass the checklist.
-Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom