Video Card Problems (9600XT Radeon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBobCat

Baseband Member
I've been playing MuOnline for months, recently I reinstalled windows, and a new videocard. Sapphire Radeon 9600 XT 128 MB. I installed Mu, patched, and started playing. At the main screen, I choose a server, login, and when I am in the game, after about 5-10 seconds It freezes the screen, and I go back to the desktop with a main.exe error; or the monitor turns off as if it is receiving no video signal.

My desktop resolution is 1600x1200@75Hz refresh rate, and I run MU at 1280x1024. I have applied all windows updated, ALL of them, I also have installed the latest drivers for all of my devices. So what could the cause of this be? The game used to run on this video card on my other computer, which has the EXACT same specs, it is basically a duplicate of my computer. But I want to be able to run Mu on both of them.

My computer specs are:

AMD AthlonXP 3000+ (@2.32ghz)
2x512MB Corsair PC 2700 Ram
Asus A7V8X Motherboard
Sapphire Radeon 9600 XT (128 MB)
SoundBlaster! Audigy 5.1 Sound Card

Nothing else matters or is related to the game. Remember this is a clean install of XP Pro, everything is up to date, but the game no longer works. The game was re-downloaded twice, and reinstalled 4 times, hard drives are de-fragmented, and I have no idea on what to do now.

Try installing the *NEW* Catalyst 4.4 drivers

If that doesnt work, get the omega drivers, here: http://www.omegacorner.com/index_ati.html

If that doesnt work, uninstall the game, reinstall the game, and see if it will work.

And last but not least, if you havent already, check DXDIAG by clicking Start, then Run, then typing DXDIAG, then click OK, then click the Display tab. This should show the main display adaptor that is being used. Make sure AGP Texture Acceleration has "ENABLED" shown, and also make sure it says the name of your Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600 XT.

If none of these work, either I will give you some more suggestions, or some other people on here will, because some of them know alot more than me! :p

Anyways, good luck, and I hope these suggestions get ya working again!!!

hmm haf u ever tot that maybe when u start gaming, the power supply is too little to power the xtra gaming for the 9600XT? how much is ur power supply?

Antec 450 Watt.

after i start playing, a few seconds later, the game freezes. sometimes i have to restart, othertimes the game just crashes to the desktop with a windows error report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom