video card problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster00

Daemon Poster
ok well i just got a 9800 pro. When i leave my comptuer on all night which i always do... when i turn my monitor back on, its just blank. Nothing happens. Its not in sleep mode or anything cause when i move my mouse or type on my keyboard, nothing happens. The only way i can fix it is to restart manually. Thats it. Anyone know how i can fix this? When it comes back on, it says "the instability has been caused by the 9800 pro" or somthing like that.

make sure you got good cooling.You need 1 or 2 PCI slots open below the card.

i have all on-board stuff so i dont use any PCI cards.. I also got a Giant II cooler. But i think i found out the problem... i had 2 different drivers. The ATI driver and windows insatalled its own driver for it automatically so i uninstalled the ATI driver and it works.. I will find out in the morning if it really works.

nope that was not the problem.. but i think i know what is.. Its a cooling issue. It just happened when i was playing a game, and when i was playing it, the game froze up i restarted it manually... then the monitor was blank. So i took out the video card and let it cool off. After i did that it worked. So i think its a cooling issue. But i dunno how it can be when im using a modigied cooler. a Giant II

yeah, its a cooling issue, I think you mounted it wrong, because that is a very good cooler, does yours have a fan?

yea it does have a fan. The stock video cooler has a fan and the giant2 has a fan too. I guess i will see what i did wrong..

HAHA... no they don't suck.

Btw, i have a 9800 Pro and like 10 fans in my case. Try that and my card runs as cool as my 5900xt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom