video card installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGGIE

Solid State Member
i run a sis 650 chipset. it has integrated video on it which i disabled to install my new card. i bought a geforce fx 5200 i installed it turned on my computer and the screen was black. no matter what i tried it would still be black. i could still hear the computer start up. so then i found my old geforce4 mx420. i installed it and it worked just fine. so i disabled the geforce mx so i can move it down a slot so i can put my new network card in. when i went to go install it again my computer wouldn't recognize the card. then when it finally did and i installed all the drivers i restarted but the computer would freeze and i would have to turn off the computers power. when it was done starting up after i powered it down it was like i never installed any drivers or video card. now when i put it in the slot my computer screen is black and doesnt making any beeping noise. any help in any section of this post from the black screen to why my computer wont recognize the card installed after it worked fine would be really helpful.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom