video card blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobmitsuo

Baseband Member
i don't plan on building my next rig for another year, or perhaps even two. most of the techs that i've been keeping en eye on have either become a reality or are close to being. one tech that i've pretty much made up my mind to keep away from though is SLI. (yea go ahead an flame me ^_^) to be honest considering the fact that i own a 6800gt AGP card that road of upgrade does not seem excite me enough to stretch my budget. and considering that this is not the first time that a company has gone for a two card solution in order to make a buck and boost performance i'm not too thrilled. (duel voodoo2s back in the day, year or so later a single card solution was on the market that was more powerful) so yea, that is my question. has anyone heard absolutely any news of either nvidia or ATI having a project in planning stages that is a sigle card solution that will outperform SLI (and hopefully be a lil nicer to my wallet)? i've heard of a card that has two 6600gt cores on a single card but it still underperforms two 6800ultras SLI. to be honest i'm not expecting anyone to have much news for me. but i'm trying to keep all my bases covered and keep my eye open for the first sign of the beast so to speak.... thanks ahead of time for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom