Vid card prob from H311

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechQuest

Solid State Member
This is the vid card prob from hell...after turning the computer off after a normal day, upon boot up, windows wouldn't go into normal mode. I did some "cheating" and went around getting nVidia (MX440 64Mb) video drivers and installing them whilest in safe mode and then the computer will boot back up. After up, the computer won't go into: Display Properties -> Settings. The monitor freaks out. I tried as new vid card (A TNT2 M64), and it will view settings now. However, when I try playing some of my games, it says it need DX8.1 installed (which it is). These games have always worked in the past. I reinstalled DX8.1 then tried again, and still the same error. This happens on multiple games. Then I upgraded to a GeForce FX5200 (128Mb 8x AGP), and I still get the same error. When I run 'dxdiag' and click on Display, the Chipset, DAC Type, and Approx Total Memory all say n/a. I can run the DD test but not the D3D. And DDraw, D3D, and AGP Texture acceleration all say not available. Please HELP ME (The call of the wild)!!

TechQuest
TQCentral.cjb.net

THANX! First of all, I used the DDestroyer tool, but I couldn't find a really good one, so I couldn't tell if they worked or not. (Hard to explain) Anyways. Now when I go to dxdiag, I can see that D3D and DDraw, etc. are enabled. I now don't get the lockups as I once did. However, my only problem now is that DX is still not being recognized. When I try to open DeltaForce : BHD, I get an error about DX8.1 not installed, and same /w Vice City.

TechQuest
TQCentral.cjb.net
PowerTQ@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom