vid card difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
would i notice a big difference if i buy this card
right now i use a geforce 5200 ultra. everything else is pretty much uptodate and wont bottle neck with that card i hope. i play games like ut2k4 and doom 3. can i play dom 3 on alot higher graphic settings? right now everything is low i think. and i used to use a ati 9600 xt 256 mb card and i noticed a difference from my 5200 but will i notice more of a difference than even my ati?

I want to say yes and I will say yes. But before purchasing what are the specs of your system. I dont know very much about advantages of one video card over another so i cant say exactally hopefully someone else will come along and help you out more throughly than I can.

3.06ghz ht p4
512 pc3200
sb audigy 2
some biostar mobo it was expensive. but it is compatiple i checked that with everything.
nvidia gefore 5200 ultra 128 mb
is that good enough i am upgrading to 1 gig soon

The difference will be quite noticeable, but I can't garauntee that you will be able to run absolute max settings on Doom 3.

If you can run the games at a reasonable framerate with your current GPU, you may want to set aside those $200 dollars and save up for later. I think it would be more wise to save up for a complete overhaul so you can run at full blast settings. In my opinion, I just don't see the reason to spend $200 when you still won't be able to play at max settings on current games. Who knows if it will be able to handle coming games.

Of course you can get the 6800 and mod it, but that is assuming that you're willing to take the risk.

this will probly be my last upgrade graphics wise till some more demandiong games come out so should i just save to buy a 6800 gt?

Yes you should save for the GT. The 6800 is an underpowered version, and being so lacks some of the specs that the GT carries.

The jump between the two performance wise will include a few hundred on 3D-Mark alone and in gameplay FPS inreases noticable to the gamer.

You can't even compare an 5 series to a 6 series. Two different generations, of course it's way better.

I agree with desiboi, you will notice a HUGE difference. That 6800 is a very good price, so I would highly recommend it. Don't go with the 6600GT, the 6800 is a better card. If you can wait or get the money quickly, I would save for the 6800GT, but if not, you would be EXTREMELY happy with the changes that particular card will bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom