VGA Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaiN

Baseband Member
I have been running into this problem lately more and more.

Every so often playing any game my comp will totally lock up and I've narrowed it down to it being an Overheating problem.

My card isn't overclocked at all, but during times of play I notice that I'll see a rainbow pattern in certain textures.

My specs:
eVGA nVidia 5900 Ultra (Latest Drivers)
x2 80GB Western Digital HDD's
3200 AMD Athlon CPU
Asus A7V8X-X Deluxe

I have a case fan that blows directly onto the video card, and 2 80mm ball bearing fans to aim directly at the card and yet my computer still locks up.

Any suggestions?

I had the same problem with a Radeon 9800 pro. So i went out and purchased a new video card. Actually, i've already posted a thread about it." Check it out.

hmm usualy when ur card overheats it doesent lock up =) i get like 70-82 celcius on my x800 when i game it idles about 45-65 celcius but it doesent lock up shud be a software issue ...

hmmmm.. Well Im at the wits end, I can't think of possibly anything else.

Right now the core Temp for my Video Card is sitting at a 45 Celsius.

I used to have a GeForce 440MX amd it gave me about the same problem with the locking up and everything. Overall its been a problem I've sorta learned to live around, and tried numerous of things. I don't think its software because I tested it on a freshly formatted with nothing installed but WinXP and Half Life 2 and it still locked up.

I was reading Havoks thread that he had the same problem as me EXCEPT I don't hear a loud screeching noise when it locks up, but it does lock up at random locations while in game.
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45957

I don't wanna go risk paying for another card because like I said with the 440MX I had the same problem.

Ive had two different boards since the timeline between those cards also.

some gigabyte board and now the ASUS. They both locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom