Very Weird CD Rom problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dknight99

Beta member
Hi, this is my very first post on the forum and I have this very weird CD Rom problem. I have a Creative Labs 52x CD Rom and running on Win XP and the CD rom drive was working fine for almost a year now, but one day for some reason the CD Rom tray just keep popping out and everytime I push it back in the computer would try to load something even when there's nothing inside and completely freeze the computer until the tray pops back out. I try putting a CD in and it's the same problem, the computer just can't seem to read anything in it or trying to reading something that's not there. A possible reason for this weird problem is that a few days before the CD rom started to act up was when I was trying to install a virtual CD drive and I didn't like it so I deleted it, but when I was messing with that virtual CD drive, the CD tray popped out for no apparent reason. Fearing that it might be a permanent problem, I uninstalled that virtual CD drive and things seem to be fine until a couple of days later. Any help or explanation would be very appreciated. I don't know if this is a hardware problem or a software problem. So any light would be very helpful! Thanks in advance

Try removing the CDrom from device manager and rebooting. If that doesnt fix it try putting it on a different IDE cable. Barring that it could either be the OS needs re-installing or a bad drive. I would lean toward the latter.

Ecniv said:
Try removing the CDrom from device manager and rebooting. If that doesnt fix it try putting it on a different IDE cable. Barring that it could either be the OS needs re-installing or a bad drive. I would lean toward the latter.

Hi I followed your instruction and remove the CD rom from the device manager and rebooting. The tray went back in when I reboot, then as it loads up again and was attempting to find a CD rom bootup disk it would try to read it for a long time and then the tray would pop back out again and then Win XP would load. I haven't tried putting it on a different IDE cable yet because I don't know how. Any instruction would be appreciated! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom