Vertical Pink Line on LCD Monitor

ABAxStorm

Beta member
Hello everyone!

A couple days ago, my LCD monitor has been showing a pink vertical line towards the right side of the screen. This is rather annoying. Whenever this is present and I turn off the monitor & turn it back on, it fails to find the video source and goes to sleep mode. I attached a picture of my issue to this thread.

This pink line doesn't appear immediately. It usually shows up after about 5-15 minutes of computer use, and very rarely disappears on its own. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20161028_132953408.jpg
    IMG_20161028_132953408.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 2
Hook another computer up to it to test.

If same pink line shows up, then you know the LCD is failing.

If the pink line doesn't show up, then you know it's an issue with your GPU (either drivers, or hardware failure).

I know from my old Sony Bravia television that a pink line come across the 46inch screen, that means the television's picture slowly stops working. This pink line stays on my television when using the television for hours. After a few days of use, the pink line gets bigger, the picture in the television gets blurry and four or more lines come on screen, then the whole television gets blurry. The television still works is just that the television needs a repair, that is a television panel, that is new light emitting diodes to make the picture as clear as the first time you see high definition picture, that costs hundreds of pounds to buy the part, that is a new panel.

Hope the information is helpful.

Back
Top Bottom