venice skt 939 only right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no such thing as a s754 venice wtf!!! or thats what i thought. but if you click the manufacturers link its got info. i'm confused i thought no 90nm cores were made on s754? i mean my first impression was because the amd page doesn't actually name the core it just says that its 90nm they had the wrong core but i'm sure there were no 90nm cores on s754

Nope...I think this is actually a Venice core

AMD was discontinuing all 3200+ and 3500+ E4 stepping chips and replacing them with E6 stepping which is the same fabrication found on the San Diego/Venus cores with half the cache broken...I would assume when they state they discontinue all E4 stepping that applies to all socket types therefore the new 3200+ Socket 754s are E6 as the AMD website confirms which means they are 90nm and are Venice cores

It does make sense though, 90nm process size is much cheaper to manufacture due to a smaller transistor count...just a way for AMD to save some money

gaara said:
Nope...I think this is actually a Venice core

AMD was discontinuing all 3200+ and 3500+ E4 stepping chips and replacing them with E6 stepping which is the same fabrication found on the San Diego/Venus cores with half the cache broken...I would assume when they state they discontinue all E4 stepping that applies to all socket types therefore the new 3200+ Socket 754s are E6 as the AMD website confirms which means they are 90nm and are Venice cores

It does make sense though, 90nm process size is much cheaper to manufacture due to a smaller transistor count...just a way for AMD to save some money

thanks for clearing that up gaara but i did not know they could just swap cores to another socket

so would that cpu have some headroom for overclocking since the fsb is lower and the core can handle more?

that was just speculation i have no idea if that would work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom