Using my TV as a monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
Ok so for my birthday i plan on having some freinds over and watching south park, and other shows, that i have on my computer. I want to be able to just send the files to my Xbox360, but for some reason my windows media center is skrewed up. Anyway, my second option is to use my TV as a monitor, so i basiacally achieve the same thing. Problem is i can't just take the S-video cable that came from my graphics card and plug it into my TV. I have a Saphire x850XT, and i asked for help on their forums, but all i got was that i need to go into catalyst control center to configure it. Problem there is that everytime i try and open catalyst, it tells me i don't have access , and to contact my administrator. Im on an administrator account, and i don't know what to do. I've uninstalled and reinstalled catalyst, but to no avail. Any suggestions? When i plug the tv up it gets a very bad , fuzzy, black and white picture.

What kind of TV do you have? High Definition or Regular Definition?

Also, have a look at this thread that I just replied to for more info on hooking up a TV to video card.

It's not a high definition, it has a component input, and an s-video input. I'll look at that thread.
edit: ok im going to try messing with the resolution ect.

Ok the picture is black and white and it's flicering up and down the screen. Where do i go form here? ATI's software isn't an option, because it wont let me access it. Should i change the hertz? i don't know about my tv, but would that possibly be a problem? None of the settings i found in windows really helped.

Ok i tried using this adapter that lets me use a yellow component cable instead of the S-video cable, although it still originates from the s-video out on my gpu. This made no difference.

well u need to be able to get into the catalyst control center thats ur only option i just had this problem but with and nvidia card adn it turns out that it was set to s-video instead of component video and once i switched it it works great. u should try to uninstall and install again for the control center but this time after u uninstall go into ur registry and delete all references to the catalyst control cause if u keep having the same problem it prolly means ur computer is retaining remnants of the contorl center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom