Upgrading printer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

belveder

In Runtime
I cuurently use (or was until today when it stopped working) a Canon S200SP printer and need to get a new printer. Am looking at getting a real nice multifunction one. There is a HP PSC2410 going on special locally with a digital camera bonus that has caught my eye.

The thing is, I have never used a fancier printer and have no idea about the ink usage comparison's. I know the ink cartridges are a lot more money but do you get a lot more use out of them in comparison with with smaller printers (like mine) with the cheap cartridges.

Any advice or help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

belveder, i've come to a conclusion all the printer manufacturers sell the units for fairly low prices and then they totally soak you on the ink cartridges. Meaning, that they don't care so much on the profit margin for the printer itself and totally soak us on the ink cartridge... bottom line is no matter what model you get, i think cost per page/ or yield per page is going to be comparable from model to model.

It's like this:

Cheap printer=Expensive ink

Expensive printer=Cheaper ink

REALLY expensive printer=expensive ink

I have a PSC1210 and I really like it. The PSC2410 is in the same product line and I would expect that it would also have good performance. If you can get a good deal on a psc2410, I'd say go for it.

Here's a link to see what some of the cartridges for the 2410 would cost(for the US):

http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/...amily_name=psc&model_name=psc+2410&catLevel=1

Also, I'd say Wartorment is right. The cheaper printers have expensive cartridges, while mid-range printers or all-in-ones have cheaper ink. Also, HP seems to have cheaper ink than other printers or all-in-ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom