upgrading to an Athlon64

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottie924

Beta member
I have an Athlon XP that runs at 1.33 GHz. I would like to upgrade to an Athlon64 but I don't know how many of my other components would work with an Athon64 motherboard. I know that I have DDR-266 memory and two IDE harddrives. Is there a site or program that I can use the output from and post on here and someone tell me if it would work or not? I bought the PC from HP in Q3 '01. I just want to know if it would be wiser to save money for a totally new computer or just upgrade the motherboard. I have configured desktops that I'd like for a little less than $2000 on the internet, so if I could upgrade for around $1000 I'd be happy. Thanks in advance for the help.

Build a whole now computer. HPs now are piles of crap, but they were even worse back in '01. Using your parts from your HP would just slow your computer down.

"Weak HP..."

beedubaya said:
Build a whole now computer. HPs now are piles of crap, but they were even worse back in '01. Using your parts from your HP would just slow your computer down.
It's true... Some outher computers suck, but HP's are F**** up inside out! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom