upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNiPeRViRuS

In Runtime
alright guys im using socket 745 in my cpu. so what can i upgrade in my current pc in around the $500-$800 price range.

Im with Regulus, I would say first off get a gig of ram or more, and then maybe go for a new SATA 10k RPM Hard drive. Then you might think about getting a 6800GT or 6800 Ultra. Or you could bag it all and get yourself a Socket 939 Chip and Mobo. You could pick up a 64 3800+ for a little over $600, or you could spring for the FX chips. But looking at your specs, I think it would be worth your money to get more ram, and that hard drive. Then think about other stuff with the left over money.

Blackmoore said:
Im with Regulus, I would say first off get a gig of ram or more, and then maybe go for a new SATA 10k RPM Hard drive. Then you might think about getting a 6800GT or 6800 Ultra. Or you could bag it all and get yourself a Socket 939 Chip and Mobo. You could pick up a 64 3800+ for a little over $600, or you could spring for the FX chips. But looking at your specs, I think it would be worth your money to get more ram, and that hard drive. Then think about other stuff with the left over money.

With the 6800NU that you have, I would not upgrade it to a higher 6800 unless its having framerate problems and such in games, which it shouldn't since the 6800NU beats out the X800 Pro. Wait for the next generation of video cards hitting in 2005. Your best bet is either a socket 939 CPU/mobo or you will see a huge performance increase if you increase your RAM to 1GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom