updating BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

local techie

Beta member
how do you update your bios? I tried to install winxp and it gave me a blue screen when i was on the middle of installation and it says there that i need to update my bios...any tips that you could give me would be very helpful...

thanks a lot

goto your boards website.. asus.com abit.com etc... download the updated version of the bios for that exact board. There is typcailly a flash program to download, it'll give you instructions on how to flash the bios..

Chances are that if you were prompted to update your BIOS, there are other components in your PC that you will need to update your drivers for as well.

In addition, I would check with MS's website and search for a list of their hardware compatibility list.

Well, update BIOS is a very serious case.
Usually, we seldom need to update the BIOS. Unless cannot support some hardwares.
Any mistake during updating BIOS may spoil your mobo.

try to download the bios update from the vendors site after downloading the update try to read ur mobo manual if not there u can download from internet .Believe me ihave done it it's very easy i have done it . remember not to restart ur computer while bios is updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom