Unorthadox CD drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustOwnin

Solid State Member
The wierdest thing has happened to me. I was fixing this laptop cd drive and all the problems that were suppose to be wrong with it are not wrong with it.

It's set right in the bios, I did a virus scan, the drivers are up to date, everything. When I go to my computer I straight up see the cd drive and I can open it up in windows and put stuff in it ot burn. Just when I burn it says that the there is no cd in the drive. when I put any kind of cd in there it just does not show. When I go to command prompt and type in D: it says "the device is not ready".

I took the drive out and did all the shit and i know the device works properly because it was workin last time. Anybody can point me in the right direction?

hey i just built my computer and i had somewhat of the same problem i got an aopen cd-rw/DVD drive when it went to open games it would open them it wasnt reading the disk, i got a lite-open drive and now it works great. i think ur cd drive has gone to the dogs. i also replace the aopen drive for the same exact one and it works fine so it wasnt a cabatablity problem i think u need a new cd drive sorry bud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom