Two Computers one Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

muckmail

Baseband Member
I have a single computer with window ME on it.
I was thinking about making a dual boot system with Window ME & Win XP but the more I think about it I might be better off to build another computer. My space is limited so want to only have one monitor My current system (1000meghertz Athlon) uses windows Me which is fine but I would like to update to window XP but yet not give up my older software on my current system.
I have an older gateway 2000 17" vivitron which is fine. Is it possable to connect two computers to
one monitor and have good results switching from one computer to another without problems. I know
that they make switches for that purpose but I what should I buy to get good results.
I guess I could network the 2 computers together but I still need a monitor so I can work on each
computer. Oh yes, any good vender to get computer parts would also be useful.
thank you,

I use a zonet KVM switch (4 port) while working on other peoples computers. it has key board hot keys to switch and is pretty trouble free. Only trouble that arises is is switching away from a computetr during a boot may not let it recognize my mouse.but this is rare.........Another good feature is it comes with all 4 cables and they seem to be of decent quality..........VSTK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom