TV Tuner Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrothrillah

In Runtime
What exactly do they do? I'm really HW-illiterate when it comes to some things.

I understand you can basically pick up local stations and such, but how well would the reception be? I have a large old-school antennae next to my house with a coaxial end, but I would rather not re-route all of that to my PC.

I've heard of people watching cable on their TV cards? I don't really understand how that works either. I mean if you save your 60 bucks a month from a card like some claim, wouldn't everyone have these cards? :)

Or am I still in the dinosaur age...hmm. Which is very possible. I'd like to get one if they are all the hype. I'm in the process of routing my PS3 to my desktop monitor so I can keep all the heat in one bedroom.

With that being said, I'll just rig everything up so I can switch my TV in the living room over to my PS3 when friends come over and such since the controllers have excellent wireless range.

Would really like to hear everyone's two-cents on tuner cards.

Not to ramble on or anything...

They can be really handy, not so much for TV viewing (which you can do if you have cable..not so sure about over the air) but more for the video capture, so you can play your game consoles on monitor ect. and also record the video while playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom