TV Tuner Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey_4644

Baseband Member
Hello,
Well i was recently impressed by a show model i saw of the Windows XP Media Center Edition, however to get that, you have to buy a whole new system, so instead im planning on getting an ATI Pro TV tuner card to install to my system.
With that i plan to hook it up to my 32in LCD TV. Everywhere i read about TV tuner cards it talked about watching tv on your pc, however im really trying to go the other way. Have my windows programs on my TV.
I know its possible and all, im just wondering how will it look?
In the Windows XP M.C.E. they tv had actual XP windows oni it. Where one was minimized to have the tv playing, the other had Internet Explorer opened, and in the backround, was the XP backround. With a tv tuner card will it essential work the same way?
Im not try to have duel monitors per say. I would just like to have my tv display everything it does on my normal monitor, however on my tv. Aswell if i so feel to, i can go to my desktop and view the same thing. Im just wondering if it will be something like a duel screen or not, becuase with a duel screen your desktop just gets stretched between two monitor, however what im looking for is the same thing being displayed both my tv, and my monitor (desktop, with windows...etc)

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Well i have a ATI 9800 Pro, however with that all it does is make a duel monitor (stretch the screen), i dont want to do that.
To put it in a different way, i want to my tv both display tv channels aswell as windows applications. I want to do the exact same the Windows XP media Center Edition does, without purchasing a new computer.

look through the software that came with the card. i have a mega cheap gigabyte 6200TC as you may have noticed in my sig but the included nVIDIA software lets you change how the dual displays are set. you can have it stretched as you say or can set it to display a clone of your monitors display. like woot6600GT said it is not necessary to have a tuner for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom