Tv to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtslegacy

Baseband Member
I have the GeForce 5900 pcx video card. I was wondering if someone could advise me in detail how to hook this up and make it work with my tv. This is a new system build. I have not had the computer connected to a monitor, and this would be the first time I fire it up. Is it possible to use my tv for this purpose? Thanks.

yeah. That card should have an S-Video out port. It's round in the back of the card. You need an S-video cable and your TV has to be somewhat new and have a corresponding S-Video port in the back or wherever the other RCA and coaxial cable connections are. You'll then have to go into your desktop properties and go to the settings tab. From there you'll want to go into the ADVANCED SETTINGS by clicking that button in the bottom right. In there should be a tab that says Monitor or Monitors. In there should be where you need to adjust what gets displayed through your card.

I have the cable that came with the card. It has the round connector on one end and a small box with 4 different connections to it, two of which are colored yellow and I believe white (i don't have it in front of me now). The other two are round connector somewhat like the connection at the video card. Thanks again.

"ALL-IN-WONDER PRO..."

Keep in mind that if your TV is too old, and dosn't have an S-Video conection, you can always ask for a "Composite-To-S-Video Converter". ;) :cool:

it sounds like his s-video cable splits out into RCA cables which is actually pretty damn handy and a nice feature. With that you can simply plug in the video using the yellow one but you'd have to check with your card manual to verify that. The other colors, well are they white and red? If so that would lead me to suspect left and right audio channels, but I didn't think you could get sound out through that unless you had an all-in-one card or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom