TV Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is. You can view it on a tv, but it it comes out (i think this is what it is called) as an s-video cord. It might not be called that but only newer tvs support it. If you go into radio shack you can find a s-video to red/white/yellow cord convertor.
sorry about not knowing the real names of the cords

Lol, my TV is so old it doesnt even have audio/video rca cables. If I wanted to use it as a monitor I would have to run an S-video to composite adapter, then a rf modulator (composite to coax).

The TV is not meant to be used in place of a monitor. The resolution is different. You will not be able to read anything off a tube TV unless the font was big. Mostly TV output on a video card was meant for presentations like powerpoint, slideshows, graphs, that sort of stuff. Another use for it is playing movies from your computer. It's pretty crappy though compared to a home DVD player

i know what u mean, my grandma's TV is like that. i think u can just strip the end of some old composit cordes and just screw them into the rf modulator.

It's pretty crappy though compared to a home DVD player
why u say that? id say its better then a stand alone dvd player, cause u have more options and controle over the vid output.

You CAN connect your TV to your card, however, the image quality will be quite poor.

An s-video cable should do the trick if that's what your looking for though ;)

-Dan The Man

jolancer said:
why u say that? id say its better then a stand alone dvd player, cause u have more options and controle over the vid output.

It might be the TV & stand alone player you are comparing the quality on. I've got a Sony TV & DVD player that show details very well. I've used both an ATI & Nvidia 5600 vivo card to output video from my computer and they both suck compared to my DVP-NS715P stand alone player. To me the image quality difference is very noticable

I run dual display often, full screen movies on my TV while I do other tasks on my LCD monitor. When the text show on the TV when I'm not running it full screen video, the text is always blurry and out of focus. Mine is an S-video to RCA cable connecting the comp and the TV.

You need s-video and composite cable if u don't have s-video port in ur pc...

composite : cables that it's colour yellow.

I hope i helped you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom